Police searching for owner of car found abandoned and on fire
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for the owner of a car after it was found abandoned and on fire in a field.
Fire services were called to a small car fire in Macks Lane, Taverham, Norwich, at about 6.30pm on January 10.
An appliance from Earlham was sent to the scene and used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze. They left the scene at 6.46pm when they informed police.
A police spokesman said: 'Police were made aware of a car on fire in Macks Lane in Taverham. No-one was at the scene and officers are trying to trace the owner of the vehicle.'
The car is believed to be a Vauxhall Astra with aftermarket wheels.
You may also want to watch:
Residents in the area said they could smell the fire with questions being asked on social media about it.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones