Police searching for owner of car found abandoned and on fire
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for the owner of a car after it was found abandoned and on fire in a field.
Fire services were called to a small car fire in Macks Lane, Taverham, Norwich, at about 6.30pm on January 10.
An appliance from Earlham was sent to the scene and used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze. They left the scene at 6.46pm when they informed police.
A police spokesman said: 'Police were made aware of a car on fire in Macks Lane in Taverham. No-one was at the scene and officers are trying to trace the owner of the vehicle.'
The car is believed to be a Vauxhall Astra with aftermarket wheels.
You may also want to watch:
Residents in the area said they could smell the fire with questions being asked on social media about it.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend