Police search for joggers after RAF Marham abduction attempt
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the attempted abduction of an officer near RAF Marham on July 20 are searching for joggers who were running in the area that day.
The RAF officer, who is still off work after the attempted kidnap, was running on Squires Hill at around 3pm when the attack happened.A man of Middle Eastern appearance tried to drag him into a dark car, believed to be a Ford Galaxy.
The officer, who is in his 20s, fought him off and ran away. Another man got out of the car to help the attacker and they drove off.
Police said earlier this week that the CCTV they have found so far was 'sporadic'.
But the RAF Police have circulated a poster on the base with a CCTV image of a jogger who they think may be able to help.
The image was put out at the request of Norfolk Constabulary, who are leading the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Police spokespersons said: 'CCTV enquiries revealed a number of joggers in the area on that day – seen running to and from the base – so we know they were RAF personnel. Images were circulated internally at Marham in a bid to identify them – the images were also shared on a closed Facebook site.'
•Anyone with information should contact Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises