Police search for driver of Nissan Qashqai after man suffers fractured pelvis in Bungay crash
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man in his 40s has been taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital with a fractured pelvis and ribs and a serious head injury after being in collision with a car in the early hours of this morning.
It happened in Bridge Street in Bungay at about 1.45am, when a car reportedly failed to stop following the collision.
The man, believed to be from the Bungay area, was unconscious but breathing at the scene and was treated for a serious head injury.
He was then taken by ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, but was later transferred to Addenbrooke's with multiple injuries.
A police investigation is under way to trace the driver of the car, who did not stop at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe a Nissan Qashqai was involved in the incident.
Officers are appealing for the driver to get in touch, and also ask anyone who saw the incident or has details about the vehicle or driver to call PC Shane Schucroft at the Joint Suffolk and Norfolk Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting CAD number 20 of May 13.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse