Cause of fatal flat fire is still unknown
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the death of a woman who died in a Great Yarmouth flat fire say it is not known yet what caused the fatal blaze.
The woman died on Friday in her basement flat in Rodney Road near the seafront.
Police and paramedics tried to save the woman's life using CPR.
A Norfolk police statement issued this afternoon said: 'A woman has sadly died following a fire at a property in Great Yarmouth yesterday.
'Emergency services were called at around 10.50am to reports of a fire at an address in Rodney Road.
You may also want to watch:
'A woman, the only occupant, was discovered inside the property; however was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
'The death is currently being treated as unexplained and the cause of the fire is unknown at this stage. Enquiries are currently ongoing to establish the cause.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
A floral tribute has been left by the woman's flat in memory of her.