Police reveal more information about Scarning crash victim as investigation continues
- Credit: Ian Burt
The victim of a fatal crash on the A47 at Scarning on Saturday was from the Swaffham area, police have said.
Investigations are continuing into the accident, near the Drayton Hall Lane junction, which happened shortly after 7.45pm when a blue Vauxhall Vectra travelling onto the A47 towards Swaffham was involved in a collision with a silver Vauxhall Zafira travelling towards Norwich.
The Vectra then collided with a third vehicle, a white Mercedes C220, travelling towards Norwich.
The man, who was in his 60s, was the only person in his car, and sadly died at the scene of the crash.
Police have now erected fatal accident signs by the side of the road in a bid to bring any witnesses forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information, or who may know the manner of driving of the vehicles immediately before the crash, should contact the Serious Collisions Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk