Police release CCTV image after two racial abuse incidents in Beccles
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to after two incidents of racial abuse in Beccles.
The first happened at around 1.45pm on November 25. The victim walked from Newgate into Sheepgate, where he met a family member. They walked into Sheepgate and encountered the suspect, who made racially abusive remarks.
The abuse continued for around two to three minutes until they reached the junction of Hungate and Blyburgate, when the suspect walked away.
A similar incident happened later in the afternoon when a man, believed to be the same suspect, made racially abusive remarks towards another victim.
The suspect is described as white, aged in his thirties or forties, of average height and stocky build and with a ginger/brown beard. He was wearing a green wool beanie hat with a shield motif on the front, a zip-up fleece jacket, dark cargo-style trousers, and 'work' boots. He spoke with a local accent.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man, or witnessed either incident, should call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 68329/16.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Former factory site to become a new church
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze