Police release CCTV image after two racial abuse incidents in Beccles
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to after two incidents of racial abuse in Beccles.
The first happened at around 1.45pm on November 25. The victim walked from Newgate into Sheepgate, where he met a family member. They walked into Sheepgate and encountered the suspect, who made racially abusive remarks.
The abuse continued for around two to three minutes until they reached the junction of Hungate and Blyburgate, when the suspect walked away.
A similar incident happened later in the afternoon when a man, believed to be the same suspect, made racially abusive remarks towards another victim.
The suspect is described as white, aged in his thirties or forties, of average height and stocky build and with a ginger/brown beard. He was wearing a green wool beanie hat with a shield motif on the front, a zip-up fleece jacket, dark cargo-style trousers, and 'work' boots. He spoke with a local accent.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man, or witnessed either incident, should call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 68329/16.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park