Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- Credit: David Powles
There was tea-time drama in south Norfolk on Thursday night as a police plane circled several villages to help find a 'high-risk missing person'.
The National Police Air Service aircraft was seen circling above Bawburgh, Little Melton and Hethersett from around 5pm on Thursday, February 25.
One eyewitness from Hethersett, who wished to remain anonymous, said he saw the aircraft from the A47 while returning from work at around 6pm and said it had been circling over Crusaders Rugby Club on Little Melton Road, Beckhithe, near Hethersett, for around 45 minutes.
He added it had since returned to base, according to the Flightradar24 website.
The eyewitness said he also saw around six police cars, a police dog vehicle, ambulance and ambulance car in the rugby club car park near Little Melton Food Park on Little Melton Road, Little Melton, around 6.30pm.
A representative from the rugby club confirmed emergency service vehicles were parked on the club car park and arrived on February 25 but said the incident was unrelated to the Crusaders.
Norfolk Police confirmed the matter had been resolved.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 4 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 10 Work on 4,000 new Norfolk homes to start in 2022