Police not looking for anyone else after two bodies found in Magdalen, near King’s Lynn
- Credit: Ian Burt
Police investigating the deaths of a married couple in Magdalen, near King's Lynn, said there was no evidence anyone else was involved.
Stephen Muncaster, the uncle of Lottery millionaire, Michael Carroll has been named locally as having died in the shooting just after midnight this morning in the small west Norfolk village.
The 47-year-old was found in the front garden of a bungalow in Stow Road, while a woman believed to be his wife Allison Muncaster, 48, was discovered inside the house.
Forensic teams have spent the day searching the house, and the road to the property is closed while investigations continue.
Detective Superintendent Paul Durham, Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, said: 'As a result of our initial investigation there is no evidence to suggest that anyone else was involved in this incident.
'However, our investigation into the full circumstances surrounding their deaths will continue. At the moment it is thought that both of them died from gunshot wounds and a firearm has been located at the scene.
'Home Office post-mortem examinations will take place in due course and we will seek to formally identify them as soon as possible.'
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 8 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 9 Man in 30s arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in rural village
- 10 Warning after beach-goers hit with parking fines
Officers had responded to a call from the East of England Ambulance Service concerning the safety of two residents just after midnight.
South West Norfolk Tory MP Elizabeth Truss said: 'This is extremely shocking and my thoughts are very much with the family and friends of those involved.
'Obviously the investigation is ongoing and I know the police are out in the community speaking to local residents about what has taken place. I have asked the Chief Constable to keep me updated on developments.'