Attempts to run from police lead to arrest for possession of drugs and offensive weapon
- Credit: Getty Images
A man in his 20s is facing court after being charged with possession of drugs and an offensive weapon in Thetford.
Breckland Police said it dealt with three incidents on Wednesday in the town, where people attempted to run from police.
Harrison Jones, 26, of Lincoln Way, Thetford, was charged with being in possession of a Class B drug, two counts of carrying an offensive weapon - a knuckle duster - possession of a knife and breaching a public health order.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: “Following a stop-search in Minstergate in the town, a man was found to be in possession of a knuckle duster and Stanley knife blades, as well as cannabis.
“The man was arrested and questioned by officers before later being charged.”
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter, the police said a person was arrested and charged with possession of class B drugs and an offensive weapon.
The team also issued three cannabis street cautions and two fines for breach of restrictions.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
Jones was released on bail and is due to appear before magistrates in Norwich on June 9.