Police launch new appeal over woman who went missing from Gorleston, near Great Yarmouth in 1985
Norfolk police have launched a new appeal for information following the disappearance of a woman from Gorleston, near Great Yarmouth in 1985.
Theresa Gathercole, 23, disappeared from her home address of 87 Upper Cliff Road, Gorleston, on the evening of January 29 1985 after walking out of the house in what was described at the time as a distressed state.
She was last seen walking towards the beach and her white coat was found later on a wall in Beach Road.
There were a few unconfirmed sightings of her in the Yarmouth/ Gorleston area in the immediate few months after she vanished but no trace of her has ever been seen since.
At the time she was described as being 5ft 3ins tall, of slim build, with green eyes and medium length fair hair.
You may also want to watch:
DC Gary Fisher, Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, appealed directly to Theresa saying: 'If Theresa herself is still alive and becomes aware of this appeal, then I can guarantee that should she contact us any information would be dealt with in the strictest confidence.'
DC Fisher would also like to hear from anyone who knows what happened to Theresa or her current whereabouts. DC Fisher can be contacted on 01953 424522. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 8 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon