Police continue to investigate fight in Norwich which led to a bus driver being suspended
- Credit: Archant
Police are still investigating an incident which led to a bus driver being suspended, after a video of a fight between him and young man in Norwich was circulated on social media.
It happened at around 4pm on Wednesday, at the top of Prince of Wales Road.
In the video a single-decker Stagecoach bus is parked in the road in the background, with the door open.
The driver, who is dressed in a Stagecoach jacket, can be seen swinging the man around in the road, before the pair fall and continue to brawl on the pavement.
Members of the public attempt to break up the fight, which lasts just over a minute, and after watching the scramble, shocked passengers begin filing off the bus.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Campbell, managing director of Stagecoach East, said: 'We can confirm that a bus driver was suspended on Wednesday, May 3, following an incident in Norwich earlier that day.
'We understand on-street video footage of part of the incident has subsequently been posted on social media. Our investigation will examine the full circumstances involved.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
'We are also contacting the police to assist with their investigation into the incident.'
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesman confirmed they were investigating. They said: 'Police were called just before 4pm on May 3 to reports of two men fighting on Prince of Wales Road next to a single decker bus.
'On arrival, officers located one of the men involved. Enquiries are still ongoing and officers would like to appeal for any witnesses to contact the police on 101 and quoting ref 317 of May 3, 2017.'
Today, the force confirmed investigations were ongoing.