Police continue to investigate fight in Norwich which led to a bus driver being suspended
- Credit: Archant
Police are still investigating an incident which led to a bus driver being suspended, after a video of a fight between him and young man in Norwich was circulated on social media.
It happened at around 4pm on Wednesday, at the top of Prince of Wales Road.
In the video a single-decker Stagecoach bus is parked in the road in the background, with the door open.
The driver, who is dressed in a Stagecoach jacket, can be seen swinging the man around in the road, before the pair fall and continue to brawl on the pavement.
Members of the public attempt to break up the fight, which lasts just over a minute, and after watching the scramble, shocked passengers begin filing off the bus.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Campbell, managing director of Stagecoach East, said: 'We can confirm that a bus driver was suspended on Wednesday, May 3, following an incident in Norwich earlier that day.
'We understand on-street video footage of part of the incident has subsequently been posted on social media. Our investigation will examine the full circumstances involved.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
'We are also contacting the police to assist with their investigation into the incident.'
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesman confirmed they were investigating. They said: 'Police were called just before 4pm on May 3 to reports of two men fighting on Prince of Wales Road next to a single decker bus.
'On arrival, officers located one of the men involved. Enquiries are still ongoing and officers would like to appeal for any witnesses to contact the police on 101 and quoting ref 317 of May 3, 2017.'
Today, the force confirmed investigations were ongoing.