Police interview driver caught driving through lights at level crossing
- Credit: Archant
Police are interviewing the driver of a car which was caught on video swerving around queuing traffic and driving over a level crossing as the barriers came down,
The offence at the level crossing in Victoria Road, Oulton Broad was recorded on a dashcam by Paul Whitlow at about 1.20pm on Thursday, August 4.
A British Transport Police spokesman said the car driver had now been identified and was assisting officers with their enquiries.
The spokesman said officers would consider the evidence before deciding what action should be taken.
Mr Whitlow's video provoked shock and anger after it was posted on Facebook, where it has been viewed 585,420 times.
You may also want to watch:
It shows a white Land Rover overtaking in a 30mph zone in Victoria Road shortly before getting caught in a queue at the level crossing before the lights start flashing to indicate the barriers are about to come down so a train can pass.
Not prepared to wait, the driver undertakes the waiting cars using a narrow gap in the road and drives over the level crossing just as the barriers come down, narrowly avoiding getting trapped in the path of the train.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online