Police hunt large group of teenagers who attacked and robbed man in Lowestoft
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police are appealing for witnesses or information after a man was attacked and robbed by a large group of teenagers in Lowestoft.
The incident occurred between 8.30pm and 9.30pm on Friday, September 22, when the man, aged in his 40s, was walking from the off-license shop in Hollingsworth Road.
He was approached by around 10 teenagers, a mixture of boys and girls, who initially engaged in a friendly conversation with him as they walked in the same direction.
However, as they entered an alleyway off Montgomery Avenue, he was assaulted by the group who punched and kicked him, demanding he hand over his belongings.
The offenders stole the victim's wallet, containing a quantity of cash, who was then able to free himself to flee the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He sustained a broken tooth, bruising and scratches to his face and body.
Detectives investigating the robbery are asking anyone who may have been in the area around this time, or anyone who may have seen the offenders, to come forward.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
If you saw anything or have any information that may assist in identifying the suspects please call East CID at Lowestoft on 101 quoting reference 62705/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.