Police hunt for driver who fled after crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a driver who crashed a van into a lamppost and fled.
Officers were called to Pier Walk at Gorleston at 12.32pm today, February 19, after receiving reports that a driver had swerved round a street corner and lost control.
No injuries have been reported as a result of the collision, but police are working to track down the individual involved.
Officers are uncertain of his current condition.
According to a witness at the scene, the van "came around the corner at speed, lost control and hit the lamppost".
You may also want to watch:
The witness said that the driver "ran away when people tried to check on him".
Pier Walk is still blocked off in both directions while vehicle recovery is in progress.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17