Police hunt man in grey tracksuit after crash which closed A47
- Credit: Archant
Police are trying to trace the driver of a car involved in a serious collision which closed the A47 for more than two hours.
It happened on the Wisbech bypass near the Elme Hall A1101 roundabout yesterday afternoon.
Police said the collision, which happened at about 1pm, involved a silver Nissan Primera and a gold Volvo towing a caravan.
A woman and a child suffered what are described as serious injuries and were taken to hospital.
The driver of one of the silver Primera left his vehicle at the scene and made off across fields in the direction of Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as tall, of slim build, in his late 30s to early 40s. He had dark hair, was wearing a grey tracksuit. He may have been injured.
Anyone who recognises the description, has information relating to the incident or any dashcam footage should contact PC Ben Hawkins on 101 or via email at Ben.Hawkins@norfolk.pnn.police.uk
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading