Police hunt man in grey tracksuit after crash which closed A47
- Credit: Archant
Police are trying to trace the driver of a car involved in a serious collision which closed the A47 for more than two hours.
It happened on the Wisbech bypass near the Elme Hall A1101 roundabout yesterday afternoon.
Police said the collision, which happened at about 1pm, involved a silver Nissan Primera and a gold Volvo towing a caravan.
A woman and a child suffered what are described as serious injuries and were taken to hospital.
The driver of one of the silver Primera left his vehicle at the scene and made off across fields in the direction of Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as tall, of slim build, in his late 30s to early 40s. He had dark hair, was wearing a grey tracksuit. He may have been injured.
Anyone who recognises the description, has information relating to the incident or any dashcam footage should contact PC Ben Hawkins on 101 or via email at Ben.Hawkins@norfolk.pnn.police.uk
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 4 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 9 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast