Driver flees after late night car fire
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called out to tackle a car fire after a vehicle careered off a village road.
Three fire crews, police and the East of England Ambulance Service were alerted to the crash on Somerleyton Road, Oulton near Lowestoft at 11.12pm on December 26 following reports that people were still inside the vehicle.
But, on arrival, the occupants had already fled from the scene.
A crew from north Lowestoft fire station and two crews from Lowestoft South fire station spent just over 30 minutes tackling the blaze and soon had the incident under control.
The scene was cleared by 11.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft South Fire Station tweeted: "#GreenWatch mobilised @ 23:13 along with on-call crews from @NthLowestoft16 and #LowestoftSouth, plus #Police & #Ambulance staff to car fire persons reported in Oulton.
"No persons located in vehicle, 2BA (breathing apparatus) and 2HRJ (hose reel jets) used to extinguish fire."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich