Police condemn arson attack on children’s play equipment
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
Arsonists have targeted a children's play area after a climbing frame was deliberately set on fire.
Police are investigating the arson which happened at the children's play area in The Foothpath in Poringland on Monday.
South Norfolk police posted a picture of the charred climbing frame on Twitter and condemned the attack, stating it was a devastating blow to the community.
Fire crews from Earlham and Long Stratton were called to the scene at just after 4pm to extinguish the play equipment on fire.
On Monday evening, South Norfolk police tweeted: "We're investigating an arson this evening at the children's play area on The Footpath in #Poringland this is devastating for the local community who worked hard to provide this and for the children at half term."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 with reference CAD-298.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales