Complaints after police close road to help crash victim
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Drivers complained about being delayed after police officers closed a road so a casualty could be freed safely from a crashed car.
Officers were called to a shunt at Pullover Roundabout, at the juntion of the A47 and A17, on Wednesday lunchtime.
Long queues soon built up on the dual carriageway approaches west of the busy roundabout.
Officers clossed the road so they could work safely and help those involved in the collision.
But one tweeted afterwards: 'It was rather disappointing to hear that when officers dealt with a RTC on the Pullover roundabout that two other motorists wanted to make a complaint because they had been held up.
You may also want to watch:
'They were not happy that we had closed the road to safely extract a trapped motorist.'
The tweet attracted several comments. One said: 'Should have tazered them.' Another added: 'Absolutely disgusting.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success