Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
James Weeds and Daniel Moxon
- Credit: James Weeds
Police, fire crews and an ambulance are currently at the scene of a house fire next to a hospital.
Brasenose Avenue in Gorleston, near Great Yarmouth, was initially closed to traffic on Friday morning after police were called to the scene just before 9.10am.
The fire itself was at a house in Cherwell Way, close to the James Paget University Hospital.
Three police cars, a fire engine and an ambulance could be seen parked at the side of the road.
On officer at the scene confirmed the road has now reopened, but emergency personnel remain on scene.
And they have now been joined by forensic services.
A fire marshal at the scene said the fire was dealt with quickly, and that the investigation has begun into the cause.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 9 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 10 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
Bus operator First said some of its buses were "stuck" at the scene, and took to social media to warn of potential delays on its 8 and X1 services.