Police called to sudden death at Yarmouth hotel
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating following the sudden death of a man in a Great Yarmouth hotel.
Emergency services were called to the property in Apsley Road near the Golden Mile at 12.11pm today.
Paramedics and a crew from Norfolk Fire Service were first on the scene after concerns were raised for the safety of a guest.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene but police said there were no suspicious circumstances.
No one at the hotel would comment.
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness described seeing two police cars and an ambulance at the scene.
A spokesman for the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'One appliance from Great Yarmouth assisted the ambulance service.'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
It is not known if the death will be passed onto a coroner for an inquest.