Police bail man during investigation related to Swaffham Hamond’s High School
Two people employed at Swaffham Hamond's High School have been suspended pending an investigation.
Police today confirmed they arrested two men from the Swaffham area on Friday May 18 in connection with an investigation related to the school. One man has since been released with no further charges, but the other remains on bail.
The police, school and Norfolk County Council declined to release further details of the on-going investigation, but in a message to parents in its July newsletter, the school said the suspended members of staff were not teachers.
Stuart Bailey, headteacher of Swaffham Hamond's High School, said: 'I can confirm that two members of the non-teaching staff have been suspended, pending an investigation.
'Suspension is to ensure a full and fair investigation can take place in the interests of the members of staff and the school.
You may also want to watch:
'We are working closely with the county council to ensure we follow all of the correct procedures. However, as this matter is ongoing, I am not in a position to comment further at this time.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea