Who keeps stealing whisky from Morrisons?
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police are looking to trace a man suspected of stealing bottles of alcohol from the same supermarket branch on three separate occasions.
Officers are investigating a trio of near-identical thefts from Morrisons on Albion Way, Riverside, Norwich in which a man has stuffed bottles of alcohol into a rucksack before smuggling them out of the store.
The first such instance happened on Sunday, January 24, when a man visited the store between 8pm and 8.11pm and made up with £99 worth of booze from the Carrow Road-adjacent supermarket.
A few weeks later, on Wednesday, February 17, a man stuffed two bottles of whisky, worth £64 in total, into a satchel before sneaking out of the store without attempting to pay. This theft happened between 3.30pm and 3.34pm.
And the most recent incident happened just yesterday and saw history repeat itself, with an unidentified man again placing two bottles of whisky in a rucksack before making off.
Police have now released a CCTV image of a man they wish to speak to in connection with the thefts - and have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
Anybody with information about any of the thefts, or who recognises the man, should contact PC Scott Ellis at Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit