Police appeal for witnesses to fatal crash on A47 at Scarning as they reveal victim was man in his 60s
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s died in the fatal collision on the A47 at Scarning on Friday, police have said.
The Serious Collision Investigation Team has issued an appeal for witnesses to the crash which happened shortly before 3pm when a burgundy Vauxhall Corsa travelling onto the A47 from the Grange Road junction was involved in a collision with a blue DAF lorry travelling on the A47 towards Dereham.
The driver and only occupant of the Vauxhall, a man in his 60s, sadly died at the scene as a result of injuries sustained in the collision.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and was reopened shortly before 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident.
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) on 101.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler