Police appeal for man to come forward following an incident in Beccles this morning
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for a man to come forward following an incident in Beccles this morning.
Officers were contacted just after 10.10am by a parent who reported that his two children – aged 11 and 12 - had been walking to school at about 8.30am to 8.45am, and were near the Co-op store on the roundabout leading onto Rigbourne Hill when they became aware of a male who appeared to be following them.
The children began to run and the man then appeared to start a jogging pace to continue towards them.
Both children got to school safely and at no point did the man speak to them.
There may be an innocent explanation for the incident but police need to trace the man involved and are appealing for him, or anyone who knows who he is, to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as aged in his late 30s to early 50s, with dark and grey untidy short hair, a white/grey beard, and wearing round glasses, a blue jumper with red horizontal stripes, light coloured trousers and carrying a dark brown rucksack.
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area around the time or anyone with any information about the incident. Call Suffolk Police on 101 using the reference 108 or ask to speak to the Beccles and Bungay Safer Neighbourhood Team.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery