Police appeal for help to trace missing Lowestoft man
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help to trace a 50-year-old man from Lowestoft who has been reported missing.
Officers were contacted at about 8.15am this morning by a relative who reported that Steven Bygrave had last been seen at his home address in central Lowestoft at about 1am on Friday morning.
He had left the property by the time the other occupants had woken up.
There is concern for his well-being and police are making enquiries to trace him.
It's possible he may still be in the Lowestoft area, or may have headed to the Reydon woods/ Covehithe area which he knows well. It is also possible he may have travelled further afield.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bygrave is described as white, around 5ft 7ins tall, of slight build, with short grey hair and blue eyes, and he walks with a limp and uses a walking stick. He is likely to be wearing a green jacket and it's thought he may be driving a distinctive vehicle – a former RAF Land Rover field ambulance which is camouflage coloured and used as a camper van.
Officers are appealing for any sightings of the vehicle and are asking Mr Bygrave or anyone who may have seen him or who knows where he is now to get in touch.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
If you can help call the duty sergeant at Lowestoft Police Station by dialling Suffolk Police on 101.