Police appeal after spate of burglaries near Lowestoft
WITNESSES are being sought after several burglary and attempted burglary incidents in Carlton Colville.
Homes and property in the Harebell Way/Daffodil Walk area were targeted yesterday (Sunday, January 8).
Someone attempted to break into a home at Harebell Way about 9.30pm. The offender tried to gain entry via conservatory doors at the back of the property but the man, described as wearing a black bobble hat and dark jacket, was spotted and left before entry was gained.
A shed in the back garden of a home at Daffodil Walk was broken into between 1.30pm and 9.15pm but nothing was stolen and the offender also attempted to break into a garage at the address, and another at a neighbouring property. No entry was gained but damage was caused in the process.
Someone gained entry to another garage at Harebell Way between 4.55pm and 10.15pm but again nothing was taken and police are also linking these incidents to another attempted burglary of a garage in Cowslip Crescent over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'Did you notice any suspicious activity in the area, particularly during yesterday evening?' a police spokesman said.
• Anyone with information about the incidents or the person responsible is asked to call PC 165 Barton at Lowestoft police on 101.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats