Plumstead unveils telephone box’s coronation exhibition for jubilee
Villagers in Plumstead gathered together on Monday to watch the official opening of the newly-refurbished telephone box.
Dubbed as 'possibly Norfolk's smallest venue for a jubilee event', it had been the home of the village's coronation exhibition put together by resident Julie Brown.
The exhibition in the telephone box had been filled with memorabilia provided by life-long resident Eileen Gibbons.
After the official opening residents enjoyed an afternoon of celebration which included traditional village games, face painting and a barbecue.
This was followed by afternoon tea with a Diamond Jubilee cake and a special gift for each child.
You may also want to watch:
The event was supported by Norfolk County Council's Year of Celebration Fund.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich