Plans for new Premier Inn and Beefeater restaurant on Great Yarmouth seafront take step forward
- Credit: Courtesy of Collado Collins Arch
A new hotel and restaurant development in Great Yarmouth has taken a step forward after a licensing application was submitted.
In January, it was announced that Premier Inn and a Beefeater would be opening as part of the Edge development on the seafront.
The new leisure complex is being spearheaded by the owner of the neighbouring Pleasure Beach amusement park Albert Jones.
MORE: Pleasure Beach owner's delight at major Great Yarmouth seaside development with £5m hotelThe hotel and restaurant would be the first of three phases of the project which could eventually see a cinema, large casino and bars built.
The proposals were first mooted ten years ago but plans to redevelop the wasteland stalled.
You may also want to watch:
The license application asks for the premises to be able to sell alcohol from 10am until 12.30pm daily, and 24 hours a day to hotel guests.
It also asks to be able to hold entertainment functions.
Representations can be made on the borough council website until June 22.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools