Plans being made in Postwick for Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations
Plans for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee are being made at Postwick Social Club.
An event is planed to start at the Ferry Lane hall at 5pm on Saturday, May 26, as chairman of the Postwick Social Club Committee, Peter Herring explained.
'We have been looking at a number of ways in which the village can celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee,' he said.
'At present, the thought is that we will create a sensory garden near the Peter Mackintosh bench at the bottom of the field, and have a social evening starting at around 5pm, with an official garden opening and barbecue.'
The committee is still welcoming ideas to be phoned through to parish clerk Su Allport on 01603 700342.
- Are you organising a community event in Postwick? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email@example.com
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 9 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise