Flamingos flock around city to raise charity cash
- Credit: Supplied by Coleman Opticians
A flamboyant flock of plastic flamingos raised over £2,000 for Keeping Abreast.
Norwich was awash with the colour pink in October as a flock of the brightly coloured birds were sent to local businesses urging them raise money for the charity in Pink OctoBRA.
Coleman Opticians, who started the campaign, had their very own David Tuthill in a full flamingo costume at the Chamber of Commerce, while Jarrold department store held a pink day.
The flock may have caught your attention too as quirky hashtag #GetTheFlockOut for #PinkOctoBRA caught the eye of many on social media.
Keeping Abreast's Lisa Becker said "We have been overwhelmed by the support of Coleman's Opticians and other local businesses who got involved in this campaign."
You may also want to watch:
The birds will have one more outing at the Keeping Abreast Carol Service at St Peter Mancroft Church, Norwich, on Wednesday, December 11 with a pre-service event at 6.30pm and the service starting at 7.30pm.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success