Picture this! Candid photos reflect audience view of Dereham Blues Festival
- Credit: Carolyn Selby
From a dog looking like it is wearing a hat and about to play a guitar, to sweaty musicians, this year's Dereham Blues Festival photographic competition once again brought in some top class entries.
For the second year the organisers of the annual festival invited their audience to get involved and their photos revealed some fascinating views of the musical event.
Headline sponsor of the festival, Busseys of Norfolk, helped with the judging of the entries with best image of a musician awarded to Sally Ann Ling.
She used a Canon EOS 100D to take the the winning photograph, a portrait of singer Simon Lovick, on the Saturday evening when the After Hoursblues band were playing at the Cherry Tree pub.
Ms Ling said: 'Simon joined the band and sang a few numbers, and his character immediately stood out to me, as did his excellent voice.'
The runner up was a portrait of Adam from The Bad Day Blues Band playing at The Kings Head on the opening Thursday evening. This moody, blues photograph was captured by Melodie Strawbridge.
Best image of the audience or festival vibe was awarded to Carolyn Coleman for her photo of a dog in the audience.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 4 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 5 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 9 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
Organiser Stewart Aitken said: 'There were many great photos of people enjoying the fabulous blues music that we had over the weekend in July but two in particular stood out and it was a close call.
'The runner up in this category is a candid shot of two bikers outside one of our venues, taken by Kathy Avery.'
The winners received their prizes from Dereham Blues Festival founding member, Doreen Aitken at the Norfolk Blues Society Jam session at The Swan Inn in Gressenhall.
Blues festival chairman Mark Gregory said: 'The winners and runners up this year have created some very high quality images.'
Total Photography produced and sponsored this year's prizes which were canvas style giclée prints of the winning images.
The photos can all be seen on the Dereham Blues Festival Facebook group page here.
Next year's festival will take place from Thursday, July 12 to Sunday, July 15.
For more information visit the website here.