Picture Gallery: Pensthorpe Mediaeval Spectacular
- Credit: IAN BURT
It has been an historic weekend in mid Norfolk as Pensthorpe Wildlife and Gardens turned back the clock for its annual Mediaeval Spectacular.
From witch hunting and jousting to a medieval market and minstrels – the event near Fakenham gave families a flavour of life during the Middle Ages.
And as the clocks turned back, chivalry, heroic knights, fair maidens and epic battles were in full force, with characters from the past such as an inquisitor, executioner, falconer and a nun all popping up to speak with families.
In to its ninth year, Mark Noble, commercial manager at Pensthorpe Wildlife and Gardens, said the event had been a success.
'It's been really great to see so many families enjoying themselves', he said. 'All the visitors really enjoyed talking to the characters and finding out about the Middle Ages.
You may also want to watch:
'Pensthorpe as a venue really lends itself to an historic event like this – and with some sunshine it makes it a great day out in the county.'
Live period music, archery demonstrations and a hog roast all added to the authentic historic atmosphere of the event, which was co-hosted by Norfolk historical events company Black Knight Historical.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
Today is the last day for the spectacular from 10am to 5pm. Event entry is included in the regular Pensthorpe admission price.