PICTURE GALLERY: Lots of skills on show at Swaffham fun day
Dozens of youngsters demonstrated their skateboarding, martial arts and rugby skills at a fun day on Saturday aimed at highlighting activities for young people in Swaffham.
The event also featured live music from acts signed to the town's recently-created Box Delux record label, and fairground rides and stalls.
Firefighters who brought a fire engine to the event at the town's recreation ground said they were mobbed as soon as they arrived, and children were particularly fascinated by their torches and helmets.
Town councillor Sheila Lister said: 'I think the kids' skatepark has been brilliant. When they did the display it was brilliant.'
Children from Swaffham Rugby Club helped introduce the game to other youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
Minis chairman Guy Reynolds said: 'The kids we had were interested in playing. The kids who came over do not play football so they wanted to do something else.
'We are getting more and more children who used to play football but they don't get in the team so they come to us.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
The Swaffham Kuk Sool Won Korean martial arts groups, founded 18 months ago, demonstrated breaking boards and self defence techniques, while a boot camp instructor showed how to use gym equipment installed on the recreation ground.