Picture Gallery: Great Hockham food festival goes down a treat with visitors
Villagers in a quiet corner of Norfolk were treated to a selection of local produce when a brand new food festival opened its doors for the first time.
From home-made pork pies to locally picked apples, mouth-watering cakes and arts and crafts, people in and around Great Hockham, near Thetford, were spoilt for choice on Saturday.
The event proved popular with a steady stream of visitors all eager to taste some of the local produce and take away tasty products.
One of the organisers, Eileen Brownlow said she was pleased with the popularity.
'People have popped in before they go on to other things - it's been bustling,' she said. 'Generally people really want vegetables and meat and we would really like a butcher to come but the people who are here have been marvellous. The jewellery people also always get orders and it's about getting our faces in the public.'
You may also want to watch:
Great Hockham has held a regular farmers market for some time but this year decided to go one step further and open a food festival for the first time.
Tony Corbett of the Samphire Shop, which sells rare breed meats, said the atmosphere had been wonderful.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
'This is my first time here but its all gone down well,' he said. 'At something like this people can see a variety of things and they can mix and match and there are a lot of other products that go with what we're selling. You've got a whole load of products which are local and really fresh.'