Picture gallery: Colour and fun at Martham Carnival
The streets were crowded and the costumes were colourful at this year's Martham Canival.
Hundreds people took part in the annual summer event, which took place in Martham, near Great Yarmouth, throughout the weekend. Dozens of stalls were set up on the village green. There were competitions to find the bonniest baby and most glamorous granny, raffles, martial arts demonstrations and live music into Saturday night.
At 2pm today lorries and trucks were transformed into multi-coloured carnival floats for a vibrant street parade.
With the theme of this year's event being 'carnival' participants donned head-turning costumes for the procession which was led by the newly crowned Carnival Queen.
Penny Yeates, carnival committee member, said: 'It was fantastic. We had three lorries, several cars and walkers all dressed up. The boys from the scouts group were dressed pirates of the Caribbean, but the overall winners were the Ormsby-based Dumisani African Drumming Band.'
You may also want to watch:
At 4pm there was grand auction on the Green with prizes ranging from paintings by local artist James Stewart to 500 litres of domestic fuel and revellers soaked up the atmosphere until the carnival was closed at 5pm with a mass rendition of the national anthem.
Money raised will now be donated to East Anglia's Children's Hospices charity.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night