PICTURE GALLERY: Carnival procession returns to Fakenham after 20 years
Huge crowds turned out to see Fakenham's first carnival procession for about 20 years on Saturday.
The Market Place was packed with flag waving people as the mix of floats, classic cars, motorbikes and walkers passed through.
'It was a very proud moment,' said Mark Baldwin, chairman of Kickstart Fakenham, which organised the procession and also the Fakenham Fair on the Millennium Park.
He said it is hoped the procession will become an annual fixture in the town's calendar and will grow in size in future years,
An estimated 1500 people attended the fair and enjoyed about 90 minutes of good weather before heavy showers moved in.
You may also want to watch:
'One thing you cannot control is the weather!' said Mr Baldwin.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday