Picnic in the lane at Suffield
The tiny village of Suffield near North Walsham turned out into a local lane to celebrate.
The 120-strong community had decorated its village hall in readiness for forecast showers, but switched the party to a string of tables along Rectory Road when the weather shone on the day.
Parish council chairman Mary Edmonds said it was a relaxed event , mirroring the mood of Kate at her wedding.
'She looked beautiful and so relaxed considering what she has taken on. It was a happy family occasion occasion, which is what we are trying to do here with a nice social event.'
People brought wine and food to enjoy a picnic in the lane, rather than party in the street, which was blocked by 4x4 vehicles at each end.
- 1 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 2 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 5 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 6 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 7 £1,000 reward offered to anyone who can help bring home missing dog
- 8 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue