Photos: Here’s what ‘Norfolk Is’ in winter to our photographers - what about you?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2010
With a cold snap about to lay its icy grip on the region, Norfolk Is... about to change.
But the falling temperatures can lead to rising spirits, as we enjoy the subtle shifts of emphasis in the feel of the county.
Colours change, familiar views take on a new tinge, and bracing walks get the blood pumping.
Today, we whet your appetite by bringing you the favourite winter photographs taken by our own photographers, with a liberal sprinkling of snow, sledging and other sensational seasonal scenes.
It is day two of our 'Norfolk Is...' drive, with a winter theme.
You may also want to watch:
As reported yesterday, we have teamed up with The Forum in Norwich, to relaunch our successful summer campaign. Over the next two weeks we want you to share in pictures, words and videos what it is that makes Norfolk so special during the winter.
The best results will be transformed into a 'Norfolk Is...' exhibition in the Fusion Gallery at The Forum from December 9-28.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 10 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
Archant Norfolk chief photographer Steve Adams said: 'As the temperatures plummet there are wonderful opportunities for the enthusiastic photographer to capture Norfolk in its winter glory.
'Early risers will be rewarded with an enchanting wonderland. A rime frost or dusting of snow puts the icing on the Norfolk cake. Take control of your camera and over expose white bright scenes to stop your pictures becoming disappointingly grey.
'Shoot loads, experiment and enjoy and most importantly share your creativity and memories with the people of Norfolk.'
• HOW TO TAKE PART
There are numerous way you can take part in 'Norfolk is...'.
It could be that you send us a photo of yourself or your family at the place where you share the happiest winter memories.
It could be that you write us a few hundred words about your favourite winter spot.
Maybe you will be moved to send in a video of your favourite activity in the county during the winter months. Or it could just be a simple tweet outlining your favourite place.
Your chosen image may be snow or winter-related, but doesn't have to be. Whatever it is Norfolk means to you in the winter, we want to hear about it.
You can get involved with the discussions on Twitter using the hashtag #Norfolkis or email your suggestions to email@example.com being sure to provide your name, age and location.
Or send us your photos and videos at www.iwitness24.co.uk with a few words to explain how it relates to the campaign. Or write to us at Norfolk is… Campaign, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE.