Photo gallery: Stunning images of a van fire in Melton Constable
These stunning pictures capture the moments when fire-fighters bravely tackled a large fire on a van in Melton Constable.
Amazingly nobody was harmed in the fire and an ambulance was not requested.
Ron Levy, 51 from Rayleigh in Essex, took the pictures. He is in the area on holiday.
He said: 'I was just walking into Melton Constable to get some pastries. I've never been to Melton Constable before and it seemed like a very quiet, sleepy, village, so this was a bit of unexpected excitement.
'When I got there I saw a lot of smoke and I wasn't sure what was happening. There was then a loud bang when I think a tire burst and the flames started roaring.
You may also want to watch:
'The flames went up 8ft to 10ft high and were wider than the van itself. A nearby telegraph pole also caught fire so the flames must have been extremely hot. Fortunately the van driver was well away from the vehicle and nobody was harmed. There were a couple of dozen people in the street watching what was happening.
'The fire-fighters were incredibly brave. They weren't shooting water from a distance, they walked straight up the van when the fire was in full flow.'
- 1 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
Fire-fighters and police officers were called to the scene at Briston Road at around 11.15am yesterday.
Appliances from Holt and Fakenham attended and crews in breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.
They used granules to deal with a fuel leak.
Police closed the road to make it safe and it was reopened at 12.45pm.
Nobody was harmed in the incident and an ambulance was not requested.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.