Photo gallery: Share your memories of Norwich’s Lord Mayor’s Street Procession and other Norfolk carnivals
People are being urged to share their memories from this summer's carnivals.
The new Carnival Archive Project will be collecting people's thoughts and memorabilia from events, including those in Cromer, Diss, Hunstanton and Norwich's Lord Mayor's Street Procession, every Friday until December 14.
The archive team will be on hand at the Norwich and Norfolk Community Arts (Norca) office in Colegate from 10am to 2pm to scan in contributions, ready to upload on their website.
The archive consists of photos, film, programmes, posters, flyers and all kinds of carnival memorabilia which have already been donated by carnival enthusiasts, spectators, participants and organisers.
Cathie Davies, archive co-ordinator, said: 'We are appealing to people for more memories and memorabilia to portray the true story of carnivals in our county.
You may also want to watch:
'Carnival, however, is not just about the colourful, musical spectacle we see on Carnival day, it is also about the planning, skill and effort that goes on weeks and months before; the fun and the hard work which results in amazing costumes, floats, music and dance.
'We want to capture all this as well – for example costume designs, float designs, musical scores, correspondence, minutes from meetings.'
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 8 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
The project is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and is concentrating on carnivals and street processions in the eastern region – Norwich and Norfolk, Southend, Northampton, and Luton. It is led by the UK Centre for Carnival Arts in Luton and working in partnership with Norwich and Norfolk Community Arts (Norca).
For more information, contact Ms Davies on 01603 760529.