PHOTO GALLERY: Proms event kicks off Diss Carnival celebrations
The Diss Carnival celebrations kicked off in style last night with a rousing Proms in the Park event.
The sun was shining for the annual concert organised at the Diss Park bandstand by the Diss and District Rotary Club on Saturday night.
Music was provided by the South Norfolk Youth Symphonic Youth Band and singing from local group Discord.
There was also a surprise guest appearance from members of the Wattisham Military Wives Choir who joined the Discord members to preform the number one hit Sing, written by Take That star Gary Barlow and Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Five members of the Wattisham Military Wives Choir sang for the recording of the song to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Local musician Michael Dann is choirmaster for the Wattisham group.
You may also want to watch:
The Proms event also saw the crowning of the Diss Carnival King and Queen Oliver Pilsbury-Gaunt and Lucy Davies.
They will lead the Diss Carnival parade through the town from 1pm today.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious