Photo gallery: Lowestoft’s East Point Academy celebrates GCSE results success
Students at Lowestoft new academy- East Point Academy - are celebrating today after they received their GCSEs.
The academy's pass rate for the percentage of students who gained five or more A*-C GSCEs in any subjects was 88pc compared to 43.4pc last year when it was Kirkley High School.
The percentage rate of students who gained five or more A*-C GCSES, including maths and English was 41pc compared to 33pc in 2011.
Principal Liz Redpath said: 'When East Point opened in September 2011 a common, and perfectly reasonable comment made to me was, 'sounds good, let's see the results'.
'After one year we are on the way, and this is just the beginning. There are some wonderful individual results with the highest grades being achieved.
You may also want to watch:
'Congratulations to all our students and those who have supported them. Delivering on expectations and making our best better through continual improvements is what we are about at East Point; that journey has begun and there is the evidence.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 4 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 5 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery