Photo gallery: Lowestoft Christmas lights switch-on
Hundreds of people have enjoyed the Lowestoft Christmas lights switch-on this afternoon.
A large crowd gathered in the town centre at 5pm as the lights were turned on by Coronation Street star Nigel Pivaro, Britain's Got Talent Finalist Christopher Stone and Lowestoft mayor Nick Webb.
After a 30 second count down the lights blazed in action along the town centre and on a real Christmas tree - a sight not seen in the town for many years.
After switching on the festival illuminations Nigel told the hundreds of people looking on: 'Merry Christmas, have a good, have a peaceful one.'
Nigel, who plays Terry Duckworth, and Christopher are both set to star in the Marina Theatre's pantomime Aladdin, which starts on December 18.
You may also want to watch:
After the switch-on a long queue of people formed at the Marina Theatre as they waited to meet Nigel and Christopher and get their autographs and photographs taken with them.
Emma King, town centre manager for the Lowestoft Town Centre Management Partnership, was delighted the event had been a great success with a large crowd turning up despite some rain.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 7 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 8 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
She said: 'It is another show of how the town pulls together for the good of Lowestoft.'