Photo gallery: Lightning bolts over Great Yarmouth
Reader Richard Harvey took these stunning pictures when he was caught out in storms passing over Great Yarmouth on Saturday afternoon.
The 37-year-old, who lives in Yarmouth, explained he was taking pictures of dark clouds moving towards Norwich when he was caught out by Breydon Water.
And he took shelter in a bird watching hut as he feared the lightning may strike him.
'I've never been caught in a storm like that before,' he said. 'I was scared to hell - it was just getting really bad.
'I thought I was going to get struck by lightning.'
After the worst of the storm - at around 4.30pm on Saturday, August 25 - he pedalled his bike to Yarmouth seafront and took pictures of the moody skies by Britannia Pier.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK