Photo gallery: Dramatic pictures show van engulfed in flames on A11 near Red Lodge
- Credit: Archant
Motorists on the A11 near Red Lodge faced delays after a van burst into flames.
Suffolk Police and firefighters attended the incident after the van set on fire just before 5.30pm.
Images show flames engulfing the front end of the car, including the driver's seat and bonnet. Plumes of smoke are pouring over both lanes of the A11.
The vehicle is emblazoned with the livery of EIATUK, an appliance testing firm based in Watton.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said one lane of the road was blocked.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'One appliance from Mildenhall and one appliance from Newmarket attended a van fire. The stop was received at 5.54pm - two breathing apparatus and one hose-reel were required to extinguish the fire.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea