Photo gallery: Council staff get the giggles at laughter yoga session for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant 2013
The unfamiliar sound of uproarious laughter echoed through City Hall yesterday as staff got their daily dose of the giggles in a very special exercise.
The introductory Laughter Yoga session was part of Norwich City Council employees' pledge to do something funny for money for Red Nose Day on Friday.
With laughter scientifically proven to reduce stress and increase productivity, the workshop was held to allow staff to reap the benefits, and inspire other workplaces in Norwich to find their own ways to raise money this week.
To see a full gallery of council staff enjoying Laughter Yoga, click on the link at the top right of this story.
After a warm-up of stretching and breathing techniques, participants were given acting challenges to bring out their childish side – acting like a centipede and making lawnmower noises – before finishing with a laughter meditation session to release the last of the giggles.
You may also want to watch:
Laughter Yoga instructor Nina Whear said: 'It was fantastic seeing so much life and excitement in the office environment.
'I hope we've encouraged everyone in Norwich to inject some fun into their own workplace by doing their own fundraising for Red Nose Day.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
'It's such a fantastic cause and great to bring everyone together!'
There are four days to apply for up to £1,000 for your community group or charity. The Norwich Evening News is giving away £50,000 of Red Nose Day Community Cash with Comic Relief and the Norfolk Community Foundation. Go to www.eveningnews24.co.uk to find out how to apply.