Photo gallery: Barnardo’s Big Toddle event at Eaton Park in Norwich
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Around 60 young children have been getting into the charity fundraising spirit in Norwich.
The youngsters took part in the Barnardo's Big Toddle at Eaton Park yesterday morning to raise funds for the children's charity.
The annual short sponsored walk for children under the age of five was being held for the fifth successive year at Eaton Park – with the event raising more than £500,000 nationally last year.
Parents and child-minders accompanied the youngsters on their walks, with a fairytale fancy dress theme making sure of a colourful event.
Volunteer organiser Beckie Clifton, who lives near Long Stratton, said £1,000 was raised through the Eaton Park event last year and she was hopeful the same amount had been raised again.
You may also want to watch:
'We had about 60 children altogether, all dressed up in their fancy dress so that was lovely to see, and it all went really well,' said Ms Clifton.
'We had a warm up from Jo Jingles and then the walk was marshalled by childcare students from City College Norwich as part of their course.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
'Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and we then had a music and movement class afterwards – followed by a drink and a biscuit for everyone courtesy of John Lewis Norwich.'
To find out more about the event, go to www.bigtoddle.co.uk