PHOTO GALLERY: Barn destroyed by fire at Three Holes, near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
More than 10 fire engines were needed to bring a major blaze in the Fens under control.
Flames tore through the barn at Three Holes this afternoon.
Norfolk fire service said appliances from Outwell, Downham Market, Manea, Fakenham, Wisbech, March, West Walton, Wymondham, Attleborough, Methwold and Kings Lynn used main and hose reel jets to put out the blaze.
A large barn, on Horsehead Drove, was destroyed in the fire. Crews prevented it from reaching a nearby farmhouse.
Appliances from Long Sutton and Thorney attended a field fire on Pycroft Lane, Walpole St Peter, after the alarm was raised at 3.20pm. Crews used hose reel jets and hand appliances to put it out.
You may also want to watch:
Appliances from Kings Lynn and Holbeach attended a fire in forestry at Shouldham Thorpe, crews used hand appliances to extinguish the fire, which started at arounhd 3pm.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 10 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident