Photo gallery and video: Norwich Pride parade brings carnival spirit to city centre
- Credit: Archant 2013
Norwich city centre came to a standstill yesterday afternoon as the annual Norwich Pride parade entertained thousands of people with some carnival spirit.
Around 2,000 people were taking part in the parade, which is the highlight of a week of events around Norwich to celebrate the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bi and trans) community and raise awareness of equality.
The Pride Picnic had gathered thousands of people in Chapelfield Gardens for entertainment and fun between midday and 2pm.
Town crier David Bullock then introduced Lord Mayor of Norwich, Keith Driver, who addressed the crowd before officially getting the parade under way.
The parade was due to start at 2pm but the huge turnout delayed the parade starting until 2.15pm, turning away from Chapelfield Gardens and down Theatre Street, led by the Norwich Samba Band.
You may also want to watch:
The parade then danced its way along Gentlemans Walk and up Gaol Hill to the front of City Hall, where the lord mayor once again greeted the parade from his balcony, with the rainbow Pride flag flying from the roof of City Hall.
Norwich Castle and several shops and pubs also got into the spirit by flying a rainbow flag.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 10 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
There was also a special addition to the parade this year as a giant 50-metre rainbow flag had been brought to the parade from Exeter Pride - see a video of the flag via the link at the top-right of this page.
- Watch a video of the parade above and see Monday's Norwich Evening News and Eastern Daily Press for full coverage of Norwich Pride 2013.
- Share your photos and video with us at www.iwitness24.co.uk and we will publish photo galleries and videos on www.eveningnews24.co.uk and www.edp24.co.uk