Photo galleries: Thousands flock to sunny showground for Norwich’s Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
Glorious weather brought the sun, smiles and spectators out for Norwich's Race for Life this weekend.
The Norfolk Showground was awash with pink as hundreds of ladies took part in Cancer Research UK's 10k run and 5k run.
Despite starting the 10k at 10am, the temperature was already very warm and with the sun shining down it made for a difficult run for the 1,000 taking part.
Organiser Gemma Turpin said: 'We have had some bad weather over the years but the weather has come out for us today.
'We will be making sure the ladies keep hydrated and we'll be expecting a lot of spectators too, who help to make it a great day and play their part in showing cancer we are going to beat it.'
You may also want to watch:
This year the course includes a pink foam area and a cheering zone, to give runners an extra boost as they run, walk or jog around the route.
Just under 7,000 women of all ages will be taking part in three runs over the course of the weekend.
Send us your finish line 'selfie' photographs from this year's Race for Life by Tweeting them using the hashtags #norwich and #RaceForLife, email email@example.com or upload them at www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 5 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?